Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hormonal Dreams

This past weekend I was going through a bunch of things I had put away while I was in college in preparation for my big move to Tampa. Oh, the gems that I came across. One of the best things I found was one of my old diary's. This thing is filled with hormones. Literally. Every entry is talking about some boy, and then a new boy, and then wait, I think I like the old boy again. It's very dramatic. Borderline soap opera script. Let's just say that I was slightly amused, which quickly turned to embarrassment as I progressed through the pages. Oh, how the times have changed.

Inside the little nugget, I found a loose piece of paper folded up. I unfolded it and found a list of things I wanted to do in life. Not only was it interesting, it's very ambitious (learn how to fly a plane...really 14 year old Emily?). Funny thing is, there are a lot that I have actually completed as well. Here are some of the highlights:
  1. Go to college - BOOM. Done and done early.
  2. Continue Spanish and become fluent - While the fluent part is debatable (if you ask a native, the answer is no. If you ask me, I better be after 10 years), but I continued with it through college, despite it being the bane of my existence.
  3. Travel the world - Okay, so I haven't done this, but I think my experience this past year counts for a lot ... at least I'm on my way...sort of.
  4. Be class president - This is obviously a sore subject since I lost the high school president race by 5 votes (I still want a recount). However, as ZTA's president, I think we can check this off the ol' list.
  5. Keep my diary - Also, I have not written in a diary in ages, but if this blog isn't like an online diary, I don't know what is.
Other items on the list include getting married and having children. That's the hormones talking again. I'm currently working my hardest to keep this not checked off the list...at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment