
The past week or so, my mom, sisters and I have been cleaning out our closets like mad women. It's amazing what we were finding in our wardrobes. So many things I had forgotten about, and for good reason. Other things I had forgotten about and am so glad I found. Plus, there's nothing like an organized closet. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (and extra cuddly after I labeled my shoe boxes...I know, I'm insane).
Together, we had about 10 bags of clothing we were getting rid of. So, we decided to reward ourselves and head over to Plato's Closet and see what we could get for our items. We weren't expecting much, but we ended up getting just over $200 for everything. Not too shabby.
With that, I give you my next Shoppers Anonymous tip. Recycle your style. If you're not wearing it, you probably won't wear it any time soon. You may as well see if you can get some cash for yourself! You might be able to finally buy that great whatever you've had your eye on. I was able to buy this great necklace form Francesca's Collections as a little reward to myself.

Not only does this put a little extra padding in your wallet, it also helps you really see your closet. An organized closet allows you to see what you already own, so that the next time you're shopping, you're not purchasing something that you essentially already have. It also gives you a clearer space to visualize outfits. Most often we find ourselves searching for that perfect something to go with a skirt or top, when in reality, it's hiding in the depths that is our closets. So, go ahead. Clean out your closet. Make some cash. Create some new ensembles. I won't tell ;)

P.S: Anything you can't sell at a consignment shop, be sure to take to your local Goodwill!
P.P.S: Don't forget about stores like Half Price Books, etc... selling old books, magazines, and C.D's can make bank, too (I got $30 selling old textbooks back)!
No comments:
Post a Comment