Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Book Worm


Now that I've had more time on my hands, I've been reading a lot to pass the time (or to distract myself from my unemployment). Since I've been off the road I've read The Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr (and sequel to The Alienist. Both excellent books and I highlyrecommend to any and everyone), To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (one of those classics I just never read) and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

I'll admit, I was a little skeptical because of all the hype. Yes, it's New York Times best seller, but so are what seems like most books these days. So, I walked by it numerous times in Barnes and Noble and the airport book stores. Until fate had it's way with me. On my trip to Destin, I was in need of a book. Naturally, I went into my father's library to find something worth reading (he recommended The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness). I picked up some random book and texted my dad on his thoughts. Exact text back "Awful. Not worth reading. It should be thrown away". At this point, I'm sitting at my gate, with a piece of a book wondering what I'm going to do while crisping on the beach. I made my way to the airport bookstore, caved, and dished out the $7.99 for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. And, boy, was I blown away. Such a great read that I finished the 644 pages in a week and a half (I probably could've finished sooner, but lets be serious, not a whole lot of reading happened at the beach). As I'm not a book reviewer, I just suggest you read it. You'll like it. Nay, you'll probably love it.

Now that I finished the book, I thought the next best thing was going to be the next book in the series, The Girl Who Played With Fire. But there's actually and even better next thing. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo official trailer has officially been released. Ch, ch, check it out:


No comments:

Post a Comment