Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shoppers Anonymous: 5 Reasons You Might Need a Break


I've been debating whether or not I should post a Shoppers Anonymous post this week because I haven't done any shopping in the last week or so. Then, I realized that's the perfect post! Not shopping might be the perfect cure for any shopaholic. Sometimes, a break is necessary.

After peering at my bank account the other day, I pondered to myself about where all my money went. I seriously thought I was doing a good job at not spending much. Apparently, purchases add up (who knew?!). Then, today I spent the entire day packing up my closet. It's amazing how much stuff I have. Yet, somehow I still think I need more. Combine my sinking bank account (slightly dramatic) plus my overflow of clothing, and I decided a break from shopping is probably a good thing.

To all you shopaholics out there: the first step is admitting you have a problem (like it's a bad thing, right?!...something a shopaholic would say....). The second step is knowing when to take a break. Not sure how to get there? Let me assist: If you...
  1. Find something you forgot about in your closet every time you go through it...
  2. Find something with the tags still on it...
  3. Can physically create more than 365 outfits without repeating the same item of clothing...
  4. Look at an item and wonder why you don't wear it more often...
  5. Feel bad for clothing that doesn't get enough use...
...you probably need a break. Don't be frightened by the prospect of not entering the mall for a week or two. Instead, enjoy your clothing! You bought everything for a reason, so soak 'em up. Plus, this is saving you money and time in so many areas - you're not buying anything new, not wasting gas or valuable time romping around finding new goodies. This is time you could be spending (if you're psychotic like me) labeling your shoes, or taking pictures of your wardrobe for your online database...or not...just saying (crap, I just sounded super nerdy...). Or, if you're a normal human being, relaxing and doing something cost efficient or even free! It's summer people - enjoy the outdoors (and an outdoor mall does not count)!

No comments:

Post a Comment