Today completed my final day of budget shopping. I've done a pretty good job lately of spending very little, but the past two days I let myself "splurge" a bit and buy a few things I've had my eye on.
And, today I found something I've been looking for, for quite some time. A nude pump. Nude has been a popular color for a while, but I could never find a solid pump that met all my criteria:
- At least 4 inches - at 5'3" (and sometimes that's questionable), it really doesn't make a huge difference.
- Must have a substantial platform - think Victoria Beckham 2011, not Posh Spice platform.
- Can transition from the office to a night out.
Too frequently all criteria were met with the exception of the wearability at the office. I've been researching for some time and came to the conclusion that I would just have to suck it up and spend some coin on these bad boys. I even found an excellent pair at Target, but they're completely out of stock.
However, I struck gold while perusing the DSW website. Not only were they exactly what I'm looking for, they were at the right price. Let's compare:

To the left, we have the Steve Madden pumps I was pretty confident I was going to have to settle for. In the center, we have the out of stock Target brand. I was shedding tears until I stumbled across the G by Guess nude pumps at DSW.
Fortunately, I had my DSW $10 rewards card, which brought me to a grand total of $36 for the shoes I've been dreaming of. That's a savings of $63 compared to the Steve Madden's. Plus, even if Target did have those in stock, I would have had to pay shipping, etc... In the end, I got everything I wanted and for a great deal. You really can't beat that.
And this, my friends, concludes the shopping. All credit and debit cards are closed until after I start working - or until I see something I will absolutely die without. Unfortunately, this is possible....
No comments:
Post a Comment