I've been off the road for about a month and things for next fall (at the University of South Florida, Masters in College Student Affairs) are starting to come together. While I basically vacationed all of May (my bad? Nah...), I was able to find a roommate, an apartment, finalize my job and start date, and get myself on a budget. A couple things I've learned from this whole situation: the real world is expensive. And, well, if I'm going to be honest, I'm more expensive than I'd like.
Now, lets get real. I'm actually more low maintenance than one would imagine. Don't laugh. Let me explain. I don't get my hair did on the regs, almost no manis and pedis, and no tanning. So, my really big vice is the shopping. BUT I always shop with a coupon or on sale. So what gives?
Well, my rent is borderline out of my price range. But the place is so nice and comes with a free country club membership. You CANNOT pass that up. Like fo real! Plus, I did some math (yes, I actually did math), and I'm only paying $113 more for this place, than the place down the road, which was a "dump", as my not-so-low-maintenance boyfriend described it, and had fewer amenities. Worth it, right? We're about to find out.
Regardless, I'm still on a budget for the month of June a.k.a. month of unemployment. Hopefully once I start getting paid, I'll be in the clear. Otherwise, Justice, I'm coming back at you!

Official move countdown
No comments:
Post a Comment