While I was gone, I was able to check a few things off the ol' to-do list, while finding additional obstacles. Typs.
- Cable/Internet - finally made a decision! Brighthouse it is! When it came down to it, it was only $11 extra (per person) to have the full package, so why not...A.K.A. I had a mini-panic attack when I fully accepted that HGTV, Food Network and E! are not considered basic cable (this means no House Hunters, all Food Networks shows - lets be serious - and Keeping Up With the Kardashians. How could I possibly live?!).
- Bank - figured this bad boy out too. Whew. It's really not that difficult, I was just making it difficult. Standard.
- Insurance - we may have discovered a loop-hole. Keep this on the DL though...since insurance agents are probs checking this blog....jokes, jokes.
- Furniture - well, I've had to make the executive decision not to bring my bedroom furniture with me. When it comes down to it, it just won't fit in my little 11x12 room. So, I'll have to adjust and take the double bed in the guest room...sigh...
- Moving Supplies - moving is expensive overall. But the supplies to move are outrageously priced. To get a toilet paper sized thing of bubble wrap it's $24! Are you for realz? So, naturally, I googled it. Bingo. I can get an industrial size roll at Sam's Club for $12. Crisis averted.
- The Drive Down - my dad texted me the other day with a big bomb, "I'm thinking about getting a few books on C.D." Woah. Shot to the heart. I promptly replied with, "Do you want me to fall asleep at the wheel?", to which he responded, "Nah. It will be good." False. I was later informed today that he wants to get C.D. books about personal finance...oh man. I love my dad, but he can be a little extreme sometimes (and I know he's reading this. Don't act like you don't agree, dad!). Please pray for my sanity.
Moving is a really big pain. That's all there is to it. But I'm determined to make this as pleasant and easy as possible. I've prepared my clipboard. Watch out.
No comments:
Post a Comment