Today was one of those days, when you're in a constant state of boredom...but you don't hate it. It's not that I wasn't doing anything, it was more that the things that I was doing were boring. For instance, I really should have only had to organize all of my old files from college once. But, leave it to my mild OCD behavior to feel the urge to do it a second time. Just to see if I can get it organized a little bit more. Which, not surprisingly (at least not to me), it did indeed get more organized. Now, despite the fact that I borderline enjoyed that, if you're not bored from reading about it, I will be shocked. At least it gave you a little taste of what a good portion of my morning was like.
Then things got interesting....As I was prepping all my stuff to head out to my friend Christine's lake house today for some more relaxation/boredom you don't hate time, and my precious little bushka, Penelope, decided to get a little cray-cray on me. Just by the nature of her breed, she has a little hunting dog in her. So, she's always sniffing around, chasing squirrels and rabbits, but without prevail. Well, I was convinced that today was her day. As I was on the phone with my mother outside, I watched Penny attempt to deconstruct the gutter on the side of the house...this is a regular thing for her as she is convinced squirrels are hiding inside...they're not. Except for today. All of a sudden I looked over and, BAM she's got something with it's head inside of her mouth. DIS-GUS-TING.
I quickly grabbed her, brought her in the house and proceeded to call my mom back, flipping out and asking what to do. I got her in the laundry sink and brushed her teeth (she was not happy...even the "it tastes like chicken" reference to the toothpaste didn't do it...but seriously, it's "poultry" flavored) and cleaned her up. Despite her annoyance with the sanitization process, she was as proud as could be. Smiling like she just won the lottery. Well, I checked outside to see if she really had hit the jackpot with a squirrel and, alas, it was a dead mouse. Still, equally gross.

Trying to escape from the cleaning....
After that debacle, I was finally able to head over to the lake for a few hours of relaxation and crisping. Don't worry, I crisped responsibly with some SPF 30. Plus, after the results from my trip to Destin, there was no way I wasn't keeping myself protected (it's been almost two weeks and you can still see my burn....).

I may not be a lake person, but I'll always be a sun person.
Then, just like any unemployed 23 year old on a Friday night, I came home, walked the bushkas, had dinner and hung out all night. Don't hate...it's called a budget! And now, time for the rest of the weekend...ahhhh....that's the sound of relaxation.
No comments:
Post a Comment