Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Road.Trip.

Whew, I'm back! After a whirlwind moving experience, I'm actually alive to tell about it. Let's start from the beginning:
  • June 28th: We were supposed to leave at 8am.... Due to uncontrollable circumstances, we didn't leave until 1pm. Oh well, we made it up on the drive. I drove the first half to Indianapolis. Get this, we stop to eat at Panera (better than McDonalds, right?) and where are we down the road from? Zeta Tau Alpha International Office. Obviously. Just can't stay away. After dinner, my dad drove the rest of the way to Nashville, TN for a short night's rest.
  • June 29th: Yet again we were supposed to leave at 8am, but didn't get out until 10am. Not too bad considering we got to Tampa only an hour later than originally predicted. I drove the first half all the way through Georgia, while my dad picked up the last shift to the end. We arrived at 10pm, 21 hours, over 1,000 miles and only 3 gas station stops later.
  • June 30th: Signed the lease! Got the keys to my new place, took a peek inside, and went apartment shopping the rest of the day. This was also my dad's day of birth, so we celebrated with dinner at the always delicious, P.F. Changs.
  • July 1st: Cube arrived, and was unloaded by the movers in 30 minutes for 120 bucks...so ridiculously worth it. We got everything unloaded, set up and ready to go. It's still a work in progress, so I'll post pictures later.
Now, that doesn't sound as dramatic as I was making it out to be. However, all of my pre-planning and pre-stressing made the whole experience, quick, easy, painless and relatively stress free. So, I'd call that a win.

From here on out, I should (hopefully) be back on a regular blogging schedule...new job and apartment posts to come!

1 comment: