Tuesday, July 12, 2011

50 Things

While I was getting a tour of the Marshall Student Center yesterday, I noticed a poster on someone's desk entitled "50 Things You Need to do Before You Graduate USF". Well, I'm now officially on a mission to fulfill this list (and then some, if I'm lucky) and completely color in the bull.

  1. Start off the new school year by attending "Round-Up" at the Sun Dome.
  2. Catch some beads at the USF Homecoming Parade in the Fall.
  3. Have your photo taken with the bulls at the MSC fountain.
  4. Enjoy a walk through the USF Botanical Gardens.
  5. Cheer on the Bulls football team.
  6. Participate in USF's Stampede of Service Community Project in January.
  7. Visit the Florida Aquarium.
  8. Be a "Miles for Moffitt" participant or volunteer in May.
  9. Attend a USF women's volleyball, softball or basketball game.
  10. Eat some popcorn at a "Movies on the Lawn" flick.
  11. Check out the art at the new Salvador Dali Museum.
  12. Tame the SheiKra at Busch Gardens.
  13. Attend a multicultural event on campus.
  14. Spend quiet time at the "I Have a Dream" wall at USF's MLK Plaza.
  15. Take a canoe or kayak trip at USF's riverfront park.
  16. Check out the Wednesday Bulls Market at the MSC.
  17. Visit the IMAX theater at MOSI.
  18. Vote for your student leaders in a Student Government election.
  19. Attend a University Lecture Series event.
  20. Play on a campus intramural team.
  21. Take a jog on USF's fitness exercise course.
  22. Check out the sounds at Bullstock in the spring.
  23. Dance or donate at USF's Dance Marathon in March.
  24. Gather some friends for a tailgate cookout before a game.
  25. Get your heart-pumping by enrolling in a Campus Recreation fitness class.
  26. Join at least one of USF's 500 student organizations.
  27. Attend a USF men's baseball and soccer game.
  28. Celebrate a special day with lunch at MSC's Top of the Palms restaurant.
  29. Explore art at he new Contemporary Art Museum in Tampa.
  30. Visit the world famous Graphic studio on campus.
  31. Enjoy a Saturday touring downtown Tampa and the Riverwalk.
  32. Learn about Tampa's past at the Tampa Bay History Center.
  33. Soak up the fun and sun at one of the area's greatest beaches.
  34. Get your photo taken with Rocky, the USF mascot.
  35. Enjoy a College of Visual and Performing Arts' play, dance or concert.
  36. Have a late night meal at the Bulls Den Cafe in Andros Center.
  37. Go to the dessert room at Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa.
  38. Walk, bike or rollerblade the 7-mile loop at Flatwoods Park in Thonotossa.
  39. Attend a concert or event at the USF Sun Dome.
  40. Eat something deep-fried and decadent at the Florida State Fair in February.
  41. Enjoy one of the many major league baseball spring training games.
  42. Visit all four Disney Parks and both Universal Parks in Orlando.
  43. Chow down on all things strawberry at the Strawberry Festival in March.
  44. Party with Pirates at the Gasparilla Parade in January.
  45. Catch sight of manatees at the TECO Manatee Viewing Center in Tampa.
  46. Watch the sun set from the Fort de Soto Fishing Pier in Sarasota.
  47. Check out the alligators and crocodile feeding at Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo.
  48. Celebrate Summer Solstice on June 21 at the USF Solar Rotary Sculpture.
  49. Participate in a fundraiser.
  50. Attend a day at the Tampa Bay Renaissance Festival on the MOSI fairgrounds.
A week and a half in and I already have 2 spots filled in...not too shabby. Years ago, Tim and I went to the Florida Aquarium...done and done. And, while I may not be joining any student organizations, I think the fact that I oversee all of them gives me points on number 26. Finally, I've been to all four Disney parks, I just need to work on Universal now (which, in the past, has been purposely avoided...ugh). Only 48.5 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment