Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Want My Mommy

So here we are, 18 days in, and I'm feeling a wee bit homesick. I got through an entire freshman year of college without feeling homesick, yet, at 23, I can't even go a month without that little home sicky knot you get in your stomach. Ridiculous, Emily, just ridiculous.

And, since we all know that I don't do emotions, I'm giving myself 5 seconds to be emotional. Tim left today, which I didn't think would be that bad. We've never been in the same state, but somehow, this seems worse. Not the outcome I was hoping for, but, it is what it is. Then, I made myself a scrumptious dinner this evening, only to feel more homesick because I had to call my mom and ask her some cooking questions....

Then, there's the continual question of the dog. I miss my two little bushkas at home like nothing else. However, what would make that a little better would be a little bushka of my own. Specifically a little terrier at the humane society named Milo...

So, where do all of these emotions take me. A few places. First, to Stein Mart to buy some candles (new obsession....I could never have candles in college and I just never thought of them at home. It's like I just discovered the wheel or something...). Then, to Redbox to rent Love and Other Drugs and have a little roomie bonding. And finally, where I always end up when those sneaky little emotions creep on in...my room to clean. Nothing like a good ol' cleaning or organization escapade to cheer one up. Not only is my room pristine, it also smells of gardenia breeze...delightful.

And, I'm done. Despite the lame tone of this post, I have a treat for you tomorrow...just try to get through your work day thinking about what it could be....

No comments:

Post a Comment