Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Busy Bee...err...Bull

Despite my mad modeling skills from the other week, I have decided to not continue with the Friday Rewind. Mainly because I felt like a big dork. However, if I ever have a major outfit that the world needs to see, best believe it will be here.

In other news, my schedule is starting to seriously fill up. I spent this past weekend with a dance party (complete with glow sticks after a midnight run to Walmart...grad school is a lot like undergrad after this experience) and a full day of laying out. Let's just say, the bronzing is looking good. But, this was all in preparation for my crazay week ahead of me.

This past week, I've been working on my regular projects at work, while preparing for my mom's arrival this weekend and doing all things Zeta. Let's start with work: "where do I begin" has been a constant thought in my mind this week as I have attempted to teach myself Photoshop. Lesson: never try to teach yourself Photoshop. Every time I got it figured it out, some new curveball was thrown my way. Rude. However, I did create a QR code for the marketing pieces I'm working on, so I was happy with that. Since the Photoshop is kind of a fail, I've decided to rest my brain and go back to word documents.

Next, my mom is coming into town this weekend. Not only is she visiting, it's also her birthday weekend. Things need to be legit. I've been cleaning, grocery shopping and prepping some legit birthday items. Plus, it's my roomies birthday this weekend too, so it's double the fun.

Finally, just when I said I was going to step back from Zeta a bit, she pulls me back in. And I can't say it's a bad thing. I've been working with the chapter at USF with recruitment items, and I've become the secretary of the alumnae chapter - I have my first meeting tomorrow evening, so we'll see how that goes. Finally, I've been asked by National Council of ZTA to serve on the national Recruitment Committee, which I graciously accepted. Not only is recruitment one of the loves of my life, I enjoy being able to be involved on so many different levels. Zeta life is good.

Unfortunately, I've been a lameball at taking pictures, so I have nothing fun to post. However, I am really going to try to work on that. Fingers crossed that more (regular) posts and pictures are to come!

P.S. I promise I'm actually busier than this post sounds...my planner doesn't articulate well into a blog post :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go with the recruitment Committee gig. I got a reminder about turning in my merit stuff but I am short a year still.

    ReplyDelete