Last week I was at University of New Orleans, Delta Nu chapter. This visit, just like most of my visits actually, was unlike any other. They were a very small chapter with an extremely different style of recruitment that I'm not used to. But, I figured it out and all went well. However, with this being my second time in NOLA, I really wanted to be super New Orleans and see all the sights, etc.... Well, I was in luck....
The day that I arrived was the Saints/Vikings game. Woah. That was intense. Fortunately, I had a black and gold shirt packed so I was set. Unfortunately, my brain didn't connect that the game was the day I was flying and I wore a purple shirt on the plane. As a Packer fan and general Wisconsin resident, I did NOT want to be associated with the Vikings. Basically, as I got on my plane filled with black and gold all that was running through my head was "A) Please don't hurt me and B) WHAT AN IDIOT!". In case you were worried, I was not injured during my flight, just got the stink eye quite frequently.
Also, during my visit the girls from the chapter took me down to Cafe du Monde. It's 24/7 so we went later in the evening, which was really cool. If you have never had a beignet from this place, it is worth going to New Orleans just to try. It is like a mini little piece of heaven on a plate. Glorious. Divine. Fabulous. Clearly, I'm obsessed.
They also showed me all the popular spots, but since it was at night, my pictures didn't show up
very well (you can check out my Facebook if you want to see them, but the quality is awful). However, we did traipse down Bourbon Street, which was an experience to say the least. I legitimately felt like I was living in a different time. It's completely different than anything I had ever seen. I would go as far as to say it's even crazier than Vegas. Oh, and minor detail, it smelled like woah...something fierce. Let's just say I'm glad I got to go and experience it. Definitely something that needed to happen in my life. Do I have any desire to go back anytime soon? Not really. Do I want another beignet? Absolutely.
Finally, they showed me Touchdown Jesus. Basically, its a statue of Jesus with his hands up that looks like he's saying "touchdown". In this town, anytime they can relate something back to football or the Saints, they do it. So, naturally, since I'm the biggest tourist of all time, I did the Touchdown Jesus pose too (you can see the shadow of the statue in the background). Thing of beauty if you ask me.
No comments:
Post a Comment