Saturday, August 21, 2010

When in Rome...


...do as the Romans and dress up in animal print. Don't worry about it. It's a new thing. At Shorter University, the Greeks welcome the Freshman with a meet and greet called "Jungle Jam" and everyone is supposed to dress up. So, since I didn't come prepared with my jungle attire (definitely left all my Jane of the Jungle get-ups at home), and neither did the President (in the picture with me), we went to Walmart and got matching, Miley Cyrus brand tanks. Precious if you ask me. Unfortunately, because we matched, I looked like I was a student and got many "Hey are you a freshman?" lines from the boys. No, I'm actually an old woman. One time, after I said that I worked for Zeta, the young lad says "I should've known. All the pretty girls are Zetas." Keep trying my friend, keep trying.

Also, when one visits Rome, they often see the ruins. Well guess what...that's exactly what I did (oh, you didn't realize this was an international job?). The pictures are a little blurry because we are on the freeway and I took them out of the car window. Nonetheless, it was quite epic.


This trip has been a little different than the others. Recruitment doesn't start until Tuesday, so I've had a lot more free time the last few days. But, the girls have been awesome and have been taking me around town and showing me all that is Rome, Georgia. It is such a cute town and the school is beautiful. It's small (500 incoming freshman, 1400 total undergrad...that's smaller than my freshman class at SLU), but it's a gorgeous school and tight-knit community, which is great to see.

Monday they start school, so this will be my first visit where I'll be alone for a portion of the day. What to do with myself? I'll probably roam around Rome and explore (gosh, I'm hilarious).



No comments:

Post a Comment