Saturday, July 24, 2010

Training...Day 1

This is going to be short and sweet, since I just got back to my hotel (which is actually quite nice - suite style with living area and kitchen. And, I lucked out and only got one other roommate. No pull out couch for us!) from my first day of training. How long was that first day of training, you ask? 13 hours. Intensity. Zetas go big or go home.



So, with that, I will try to sum-up our 13 hours in 13 points:
  1. Arrived at our new home for the next two weeks, International Office (I.O.)
  2. Got materials, including massive ZTA binder and manuals.
  3. Walked to Chase Bank to open our Chase Debit Card account.
  4. Opened Debit Card accounts...which took about 2 of our 13 hours...
  5. No sorority retreat or training would be complete without...ICEBREAKERS!
  6. Lunch of sandwiches and salads.
  7. Snacks galore...I am currently having a snack hangover.
  8. Went over the requirements of the office of the President (which probably took more than half of the day).
  9. Snacks. Again. I was probably eating at most moments of the day. Not good.
  10. Short breaks sitting outside trying to soak up some rays while we still can.
  11. Dinner. Lasagna. Done.
  12. Went over election procedures.
  13. HOME!
Sound super exciting? Probably not. And I'll admit, parts of the lecture weren't always the most thrilling thing I've ever heard. However, the whole idea of our training is to "de-program" us from everything we think we know about Zeta and train us the national way. So, we need to know everything there is to know about everything. Oh, and in case you are wondering, I have yet to have a diet coke. And, in case you're keeping track, I've been off the chronic of diet coke for 2 months. Trying to stay strong....

Now it's time for bed so I can rest up for another 13-hour day. On to day two!


No comments:

Post a Comment