When I arrived on Tuesday, I got to the hotel, checked in and was immediately told to go upstairs, change and go to floor 41 to help out. I went up to floor 41 and there were 400 boxes packed with Zeta merchandise waiting to be unpacked. I spent the majority of my first day unpacking those boxes and moving stuff around…Now that I think of it, I spent the majority of my time at convention hauling boxes (because I’m young, so therefore I can move boxes fit for a strong man competition) and running errands. Which, I actually didn’t mind. Kept me busy.
I also got to meet all the other TLCs that I will be working with and I’m so excited to start working with them. They are a great group of girls and I really think we’re going to have a great year traveling the nation.

Convention Workshops and Business:
Convention as a whole was a very cool experience. It is one of those things that I wish my family and other non-greeks could experience so that they can better understand why I do what I do with Zeta. The business meetings are legitimate meetings where we participate in voting on nation policy change and council. I really enjoyed being able to be a part of this process (as I was a voting member because of my position…that’s right, as a TLC I’m considered a National Officer. Watch. Out. World.).
Additionally, there were many workshops held that focused on personal responsibility as well as sister accountablility in the chapters. This centered around risk management, which Zeta Tau Alpha takes very seriously. It was quite interesting to be involved in these workshops because I kept thinking to myself “Oh, that’s a great idea, our chapter should be doing that,” when I realized that I’m not an active collegian anymore…it was my first time as an alumna/old person. Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment