Basically, I've been sitting staring at my luggage and clothing, but making no progress. So, in order to procrastinate further, I've found something annoying enough to take some time and rant about it.
While I haven't fully accepted the fact that nowadays we have to pay for checked baggage, I've decided to just let it be. It is what it is, and it's probably never going to change. Plus, it's a lot easier to let it be when I now get to put that charge on an expense report...The job has its perks, what can I say. However, I just printed out my receipt for my checked baggage for my flight tomorrow and actually took a good look at it. Anyone who thinks that paying for your luggage is considered a "fee for checked baggage" is kidding themselves. This fee is a "fee for excess baggage". Really? Excess baggage? It's insulting enough that you're (airlines) charging us for something that is necessary to travel, but to blame us for carrying baggage...that's just not right.

I know, I know. The economy sucks, gas prices, blah, blah, blah... Doesn't mean I can't still be annoyed by all of this. So, with all that said, I will be taking full advantage of the gate check option. Sticking it to the man. I'm going to start a checked baggage rebellion. It will be epic.
No comments:
Post a Comment