Do you ever get those moments where you just want to walk down the street with your theme song playing behind you because you just feel that awesome? Well, today is that day for me. Just envision little ol' me, walking down the UW-Oshkosh campus with the Growing Pains theme song following me around (yes, that's my theme song. On a really good day, it's the Final Countdown). In case you're not an avid Growing Pains fan (you really should be), here's a refresher:
I bet you're on the edge of your seat wondering, "Why is this day so special?" Let me elaborate:
First, I'm at UWO and it's extremely cold, but it reminds me that I'm home, so that just warms my heart. Second, I got the rest of my schedule until Christmas break and it's awesome!
Starting Wednesday (and I get to go home for a night so I can fly out of MKE!), I fly to Lehigh University in Pennsylvania. This is so cool because we don't even have a chapter there yet - we just got accepted to colonize in the spring there so some other TLCs and myself are heading out there for a little research/PR visit. So exciting. I cannot wait.
Then, I head off to University of Michigan, where I have been wanting to go since I started this job. Their current President actually started off as Zeta at SLU, so I'm excited to work with her and hang out at my dad's rival school for a week or so.
From Nov. 19 - 29, I'll be on Thanksgiving break. I will be eating. The entire time. Do not bother me. Oh yeah, I might have to fit in the GRE sometime...crap.
Finally, I'll head out to University of Pennsylvania for another research/PR visit as we are colonizing there in the spring as well. Not only will I be getting this amazing experience, I'll be there with a bunch of my TLC homegirls. AWESOME!
All I have to say is, "show me that smile again (show me that smile), don't waste another minute on your crying...the best is ready to begin..." Oh Alan Thicke, you're a lyrical genius.
This post requires me to ask myself, What is my personal theme song? I will get back to you once I decide and I am also open to suggestions.
ReplyDelete