Sometimes, it's the little things in life that can get you through the day, week or even life. Lately, I've had a lot of little moments/things that have kept me going in this wicked hot Tampa heat. Now, don't make fun of me...
First, my mom was here a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. One of the many things from that visit that has kept me on track is all the amazing food she made for me. It's been about 2 weeks since she's been here and I just finally ran out of food. Hello, stretchy pants.
Also while my mom was here, we went to the outlet mall in Orlando. I was able to score some pretty solid items at Banana Republic, but the real deal was at Vera Bradley (and this is where you're going to want to make fun of me). I felt like a Vera cult fanatic or something after this. We were just browsing around the store, with no intention of getting anything. Until a golden beacon of greatness came shining at me like a sign from the VB pattern gods....there it was, a pink elephants (I repeat, pink elephants....a.k.a. pattern from a few years ago that has since been retired) lunch box.

At first, I questioned this great little find. A lunch box, really? Well, I had been using an old gift bag as my lunch box since I started work. A little janky, but it served it's purpose. However, said gift bag was starting to fall apart. Plus, all back to school supplies were 20% off (the already low price of $12). So, that was it. I had to get the lunchbox. And, seriously, every day at work, seeing that little lunch box just makes me smile. Ahhh, nothing like a good find. OH, and I can't forget. Since it had been my mom's birthday, she got a $20 coupon to spend. With both of our purchases combined, our grand total was $2.14. Baller.
Before you quit your laughing, let me give you some more ammunition. I'm not even kidding, but my favorite part of every Thursday is seeing the new Buy One, Get One ads from Publix. All I'm going to say is, laugh all you want, but you'd be pumped for B1G1 Ben & Jerry's too. Don't lie.

Another thing that has kept me going has been ZTA. I know, I know, can I have just one post without talking about it? Probs not. But, you might even begin to appreciate it as much as I do after this. Throughout college, ZTA supported me in life, academics, socially and with my leadership. Post college, ZTA supported me with a job and now with new friends and, in general, something to always keep me busy. Now, with my graduate work, ZTA continues to support me. I was surprised to receive an amazingly generous scholarship from the ZTA foundation in the mail this past week. Not only is it great to have this kind of support, I know now that I will be fully comfortable with my graduate school finances. Now, I look forward to giving back and providing the same support to other sisters....once I have a real, legitimate full time job, of course.
Congrats on the scholarship! :)
ReplyDelete