This Friday was my very first pay day! Praise baby Jesus, because my funds were getting a little low. But the second I saw my paycheck in my bank account, this song immediately came into my head. Slightly fantastic, slightly depressing. You be the judge.
A few things: First, this was such a momentous occasion because I have worked for about 6 weeks and had not seen a paycheck. Don't ask. All I was told was that my time sheets were turned into the wrong person or something of that nature. Who knows.
Next, if you've watched the video, I bet you've noticed each of these fantastic tidbits:
- Back in the day (yes, "the day" was the early 2000's for me. I was in 7th grade at the time of this performance....), they really went all out on the awards show performance sets. Strange.
- What's with the tie-dyed pimp suits?
- You can't say you didn't enjoy how they actually acted out exactly what they were saying in the song.
- Notice: Lance checking out some painted girl's booty, and then "grinding" with some other ladies. If we only knew then what we know now...
- J.C. was trying to make it rain with some of the flying monies...I guess we hadn't perfected the "make it rain" hand motion at this point...
- Why in the world did they perform this song?
And to think these young lads are what I lived my life around. Don't get me wrong, I still love me some 'N Sync more than just every now and then, but it's videos like this that make me question how I stayed interested. So, of course, I had to go on YouTube to remind myself. Behold, classic 'Nsync. Enjoy and you're welcome.
P.S. I distinctly recall watching the Making the Video of this on MTV. Take me back to the 90's early 2000's please!
I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thank you so much in advance!!!
ReplyDelete