Friday, November 12, 2010

Sorority Dictionary

Sorority Terminology
courtesy of Alpha Gamma at the University of Michigan

  • Real Girl Talk: discussion amongst chapter members where serious things are being talked about. If a non-serious discussion is happening, one may interject by simply saying "real girl talk" in order to bring up a serious topic.
  • Struggle bus: the current state of someone who is having a rough day and/or had a rough night and is not feeling so hot the next morning.
  • Frat Lap: 1) when one visits all the fraternities in a single evening, 2) when one takes a walk around the library before finding a seat to ensure that one is "studying" at/or near the best fraternity men.
  • Frateo/Fratio: 1) a patio at a fraternity house, 2) a patio at a any type of house where those occupying the patio are doing fratty things (use own imagination to determine meaning of "fratty things").
The things I learn when I'm not in college...and I thought I was legit because I use abbrevs...more terminology to follow as my time goes on here at Alpha Gamma.

No comments:

Post a Comment