I'm currently in a travel tote dilemma. Basically, I have a ton of Zeta bags from my chapter that I used to haul around all my books and what not while I was still in school. However, none of those bags are big enough or will hold up to the trials and tribulations that I will encounter while traveling this coming fall. So, I have two options:
Option 1: Vera Bradley Pink Elephants Villager Tote

Or, option 2: Tumi Briefcase (looks like the one below, but is a few years older).

Here are the pros and cons:
Vera Bradley, Pros
- Cute! Matches all my cosmetic bags and travel wallet
- It's a retired piece, so I can get it on sale for $40!
- This is really like my last-hurrah as a young 20-something. Basically, in this job, I have to be professional, however my environment is still very young and this bag, as cheesy as it sounds, might help make me be more relatable to the women I'm working with
Vera Bradley, Cons
- I don't currently own this - have to buy it with all the money I don't have right now!
- Might get dirty rather easily, despite it being black
- The young factor - while it might be good for the current job, I don't know how easily I'll be able to translate this over to an actual, 9-5 career.
Tumi, Pros
- Professional!
- Already own it - it was my mom's old brief bag, but it's still in awesome shape!
- Has a bajillion pockets so I can almost have a mini desk inside of it.
Tumi, Cons
- Professional - is this too professional for a TLC? Will it make me look too stuffy to collegiate sorority girls?
Vote in my poll (on the top of my page) on which bag I should go with!
How about you use the Tumi and put a cute Zeta pin on it? And I can't believe I didn't hear about this dilemma via bbm?
ReplyDeleteRaquel, your wisdom is invaluable I tell you!
ReplyDeleteyou missed an option in your poll - both.
ReplyDeleteGiven you're gargantuan luggage, you could carry the Tumi on flights and pack the the very collapsable Vera tote.
You have a 'mullett' dillema - Vera = Party in the bac; Tumi = business up front.
christ. you would.
ReplyDeleteYour arguments are too good. They make both sound great. What about what the wise commenter just posted: both? I know you'd have to buy the Vera Bradley, but...it's pretty darn cute. Not to mention, very you.
ReplyDelete